Saturday, July 25, 2009

Trying To Get Back That Feeling

A long time ago, back in that critical year of Two Thousand and Four, when Kerry was trying to save the American empire from the Bush dynasty and hope was years away, I wrote album reviews for the Daily Orange, the student newspaper at Syracuse University. It was probably one of the best things I ever did in college.
Well, mushrooms on Halloween was pretty killer too but really seeing my printed word on the page was epic. Especially when they probably could've pulled someone from the award-winning journalism school to do the job. Of course, it helped begin music director at the hip underground college radio station, WERW 1570.
I've always wanted to get back to that but with media the way it is, I'm more likely to win the Powerball jackpot than land my dream job. So until I get my Ph.D in Musicology, here I am. In this space, you'll find all my ramblings. Concert reviews, album reviews, links to videos and live show downloads, concert etiquette, music industry faux pas, and all my other ramblings I can put down here. I'm also going to continue an idea from another blog I created, The Jukebox of Fail, music that really should not be played in public spaces anymore. I hope you enjoy what you read and if you do, please spread the word around. If your sick of Rolling Stone magazine, Pitchfork Media, and all the other music journalism bullsh*t out there, you're in the right place. Contact me if you'd like to contribute. Thanks for reading and keep on rocking in the free world.

No comments:

Post a Comment