Scores for May 5th were lost. Big crowd for Cinco de Mayo though. Here's May 12th though. We had a smaller crowd as the Pens' loss really put a damper on the evening. Big winners and the first ever perfect Genius Round went to the District 8ers so congratulations! Anyway, here's the scores and the answers.
May 12th Trivia:
1. David Cameron was recently announced Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. What party does Mr. Cameron represent?
2. What popular social networking service suffered a bug this week in which all accounts were reduced to zero followers?
3. Which magazine recently had headlines when they said they will be publishing a spread in 3-D?
4. What famous French art museum recently opened its first museum outside Paris in the city of Metz?
5. President Barack Obama nominated Elena Kagan to the Supreme Court. What position did Kagan previously hold?
6. Protestors in which country refused to end their two-month demonstration until the deputy prime minister face charges for the death of 25 people.
7. Visawanthan Anand won this week's World Chess Championships. What country is Anand from?
8. Dallas Braden of the Oakland A's became the first pitcher of 2010 to do what?
Pitch a Perfect Game
9. Which ferry crashed while docking?
Staten Island Ferry
10. What film festival opened with Russell Crowe's "Robin Hood"?
1. The United States has six of them; Russia recently dropped two of its own and now only has nine. What are they?
2. How many furlongs are there in a mile?
3. The Third Republic was what nation's government from 1870-1940?
4. Between China, Australia and Brazil, which nation is the smallest in area?
5. What current US state is the site of the only World War II land battle fought on US soil?
6. What symbol will you get when you press "shift" and "8" on a standard keyboard?
7. Basketball great Julius Erving had a cameo appearance in what Tom Hanks film?
8. Of the four major over-the-air TV networks, ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox, which is the oldest?
9. Author and linguist Albert Camus was born in what African country in 1913?
10. Columbia in 1934 was the last Ivy League school to win what college football bowl game?
1. For one point each, name the Original Six.
Boston Bruins, New York Rangers, Montreal Canadiens, Detroit Red Wings, Chicago Blackhawks, Toronto Maple Leafs
2. The NHLPA just changed their MVP trophy from the Lester B. Pearson to which Detroit Red Wing?
3. The Norris trophy goes to the league's best defenseman. Who was Norris?
Owner of the Red Wings from 1932-52
4. How many teams currently play in the NHL?
5. What was the NHL's first year?
6. The Montreal Canadiens have the most Stanley Cups with 25. Who has the second most?
Toronto with 13.
7. What year did the following teams join the NHL: The Los Angeles Kings, The Dallas Stars, The St. Louis Blues, Pittsburgh Penguins, and Philadelphia Flyers?
8. What was the New Jersey Devils first location and name?
Kansas City Scouts
9. In 2008-2009, what percentage of NHL players were American?
10. What are the dimensions of an NHL-sized rink?
Name That Tune:
10. Gloria - The Shadows of Knight
9. Leaning on the Lamp Post - Herman's Hermits
8. Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) - Cher
7. Rainy Day Women #12 & 35 - Bob Dylan
6. Secret Agent Man - Johnny Rivers
5. Kicks - Paul Revere and the Raiders
4. (You're My) Soul and Inspiration - The Righteous Brothers
3. Sloop John B - The Beach Boys
2. Good Lovin' - The Rascals
1. Monday, Monday - The Mamas and the Papas
1. What TV sitcom won three straight Lead Actress Emmy Awards in the 1980s, for three different actresses? (4 points)
The Golden Girls
2. What welterweight champion boxer, born Walker Smith Jr., was chosen as the greatest fighter of the 20th century by the Associated Press? (5 points)
Sugar Ray Robinson
3. What comedian did rocker Iggy Pop call in 1968, seeking approval for his band's new name? (6 points)
Moe Howard (of the Three Stooges)
4. The Leatherstocking Tales were a series of novels by what 19th century author? (5 points)
James Fenimore Cooper
5. What two airlines flew the Concorde from 1976-2003? (5 points)
British Airways and Air France