4. What talk show legend announced his retirement this week after 25 years?
5. John Isner and Nicolas Mahut recently played the longest match in tennis history. How many games were played in the now famous fifth set?
6. Which company had to recall 233,00 of its popular VAIO laptops due to them running too hot?
7. Which actor, famous for playing the role of Michael Scott on the American Office, said this upcoming season would be his last.
8. What country knocked the United States out of the World Cup last week?
9. A house fire on St. James Street in this Pittsburgh neighborhood belched black smoke all over.
10. This Pittsburgh landmark, long-time the home of what defunct department store, was put up for sale today?
1. Pennsylvania is not actually a state. What is it?
2. What is Pennsylvania's highest point?
Mount Davis (3,213 ft.)
3. How many counties are in Pennsylvania?
4. Which Pennsylvania college was the first established in the United States?
Dickinson College in Carlisle
5. Which was the only US president to be born in Pennsylvania?
6. Who was the first governor of Pennsylvania?
7. Which Pennsylvania town was the site of the first oil well?
8. In the Big Four professional sports, how many combined championships does the state of Pennsylvania have?
9. The Zippo lighter was invented in which Pennsylvania town?
10. In what city will you find Yuengling & Sons, America's oldest brewery?
Name That Tune:
10. Ray Parker Jr. - The Other Woman
9. Juice Newton - Love's Been A Little Bit Hard to Me
8. The Dazz Band - Let it Whip
7. Joan Jett and the Blackhearts - Crimson and Clover
6. John Cougar Mellencamp - Hurts So Good
5. Willie Nelson - Always on My Mind
4. Asia - Heat of the Moment
3. Toto - Rosanna
2. The Human League - Don't You Want Me
1. Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder - Ebony and Ivory
1. In what year did Canada truly become a self-governing nation?
2. How many combined territories and provinces does Canada have?
3. True or False. Much like the Four Corners, there is a spot in Canada where you can stand in two provinces and two territories at the same time?
4. If you win a Juno award in Canada, you are being recognized for excellence in what?
5. What Canadian band has the distinction of following The Beatles, Rolling Stones, and Aerosmith with the 4th longest streak of consecutive Gold/Platinum albums sold?
6. Who appears on a $20 Canadian bill?
Queen Elizabeth the 2nd
7. What appears on the Canadian dollar coin?
Loon (aka a Loonie)
8. What province is Sidney Crosby from?
9. What Canadian comedy television program launched the careers of Rick Moranis, John Candy, and Eugene Levy?
10. How many NHL teams are currently in Canadian cities?
1. What animal's penis was on the list of banned substances at the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympic games? (5 points)
2. Which South Asian country is the second-largest exporter in the world? (5 points)
3. What was the first college sports game for Nintendo 64? (6 points)
Fox Sports College Hoops '99
4. What film did the American Film Institute name as the greatest Western of All-Time? (5 points)
5. After the White House, what is the second most visited residence in the United States? (4 points)
1. Name the two teams playing in the World Cup Final Holland (Netherlands) and either Spain or Germany
2. What is the name of the music boycott operation headed by Zack De La Rocha of Rage Against The Machine which prevents aligned artists from performing in the state of Arizona? Sound Strike
3. What music artist recently told MTV, "The Internet's Completely Over"? Prince
4. A proposal is currently out to raise the price of stamps to what? 46 cents
5. What female painter's 103rd birthday was celebrated yesterday with a Google doodle? Frida Kahlo
6. Twitter recently created which username to give users a jump on special shopping deals? @earlybird
7. What classic science fiction movie celebrated it's 25th anniversary this past weekend? Back to the Future
8. NASA released a free video game that allows players to do what? Build a Moon Base
9. Which Academy Award winning actor recently announced a guest spot on the hit show Glee? Javier Bardem
10. What major sporting event began at Oakmont country club this week? Women's US Open
States: New Jersey
1. What is New Jersey's nickname? The Garden State
2. What number state was New Jersey in ratifying the Constitution? 3rd
3. True or False: New Jersey was the last northern state to abolish new slavery? True
4. In what city did season 1 of the hit show Jersey Shore take place? Seaside Heights
5. Who was the Wizard of Menlo Park? Thomas Edison
6. True or False: New Jersey has the highest percentage of millionaire households? True
7. What legendary band got their start in the dive bars of Asbury Park, NJ? Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
8. What New Jersey university was the site of the first collegiate football game? Rutgers
9. What director, from Red Bank, is known for his Jersey trilogy? Kevin Smith
10. True or False: The state animal of New Jersey is the Jersey Devil False: It's the horse.
Name That Tune
91. Sarah McLachlan - "Building a Mystery" (1997, #13 US) 92. Public Enemy - "911 Is a Joke" (1990) 93. Lisa Loeb - "Stay (I Missed You)" (1994, #1 US) 94. Fastball - "The Way" (1998) 95. Montell Jordan - "This Is How We Do It" (1995, #1 US) 96. Nelson - "(Can't Live Without Your) Love and Affection" (1990, #1 US) 97. Prince & The New Power Generation - "Gett Off" (1991, #27 US) 98. EMF - "Unbelievable" (1991, #1 US) 99. Missy Elliott - "The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly)" (1997) 100. Gerardo - "Rico Suave" (1991, #7 US)
Mystery Category: 1980s Movie Quotes
1. "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese." Teen Wolf
2. "What kind of a host invites you to his house for the weekend and dies on you?" Weekend at Bernie's
3. "I gave her my heart. She gave me a pen." Say Anything
4. "I want my two dollars!" Better Off Dead
5. "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!" A Christmas Story
6. Holy dog shit. Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Full Metal Jacket
7. “He's a very strange young man. He's an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots too. Lorraine, if you ever have a kid that acts that way I'll disown you.” Back to the Future
8. “Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?” Batman
9. "Don't mess with the bull, young man. You'll get the horns." The Breakfast Club
10. "I'd buy that for a dollar." Robocop
1. What is the name of the largest intact tropical rainforest in Mexico? (6 points) Selva Zoque
2. British Insurance insured three sisters for 1 million dollars if one of them gave birth to what? (5 points) The Second Coming of Christ
3. Kato is the sidekick of what masked superhero? (5 points) The Green Hornet
4. What does a philographist collect? (5 points) Autographs
5. Which Beatle's birthday is today and how old is he? (4 points) Ringo Starr - 70