Friday, July 16, 2010

This is a stream of consciousness review on the fly:

Your Truly:
Knocked it out of the park. Tight jams. Funky time signatures. Remind me of Rush meets the Jam but better. If I were an A&R man, I would sign these guys an have them open for Mars Volta. Watch them go platinum. I'm dead serious. See them. Now.

Chalk Dinosaur:

Rocky beginning and end but when they click it's on. They should drop the Weezer 2.0 songs and stick to hot licks like instrumental "Mahi-Mahi." Concert goer says, "If they were cuter, they'd be bigger."

Shapiro:

Indie rock, you have brought the work so far. I never thought I'd see drunk hipster dance to a band that sounds like Boston meets Supertramp meets Phoenix. Tight songs and rhythms. If you like Phoenix, you must check these guys out. Three bands to watch for.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment